The Dewlish Chapel
Middle Street, Dewlish, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 7LX
The Dewlish Chapel is an ideal base for painting as it is situated in a conservation area and an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Spring Workshops 2020
- Thursday 6th February 10am – 4pm Painting and Drawing Snowdrops.
- Thursday 5th March 10am – 4pm Spring Flowers
- Thursday 2nd April 10am – 4.00pm Bluebells.
- Booking essential for all workshops.
More workshops and demonstrations
I can come to your club as a visiting tutor to offer advice on any subject you are working on. I can also offer the following titles as watercolour painting demonstrations. Each subject is also available as a one-day or half-day workshop. A group may book me to lead a workshop at The Dewlish Chapel, or I can travel to your Art Club’s own venue.
- Snowdrop Design I will show; how to paint wet into wet, the advantages of working with a design to balance positive and negative shapes, and the harmony of using a limited colour palette.
- A Country Cottage in Landscape This design explores how to balance colours, the effects of colour glazing, and working with plain against textured areas .
- Stained Glass Effect I will show you how to create a stained glass effect in a design by using wet into wet techniques and colour glazing.
- Plum Blossom This subject is great fun to paint; I use some unusual techniques which includes blowing the paint.
- Mountain Landscape I will show you how to paint a simple mountain landscape using wet into wet technique, how to fade and blend colours and how to create texture effects.